Thursday, May 30, 2013

“Gary Lachman, Albert Einstein, and the Rehabilitation of Helena Blavatsky”


Gary Lachman sends the following comment on Jason Colavito’s “Gary Lachman, Albert Einstein, and the Rehabilitation of Helena Blavatsky”:

It is odd that a mere mention of a ‘suspicion’ that Einstein may have read HPB brings out the kind of animus that Jason Colavito directs at my Fortean Times Article. I even send the reader to the web link that traces this idea and says unambiguously that it is most likely not true. If I wanted to perpetuate an untruth, would I send the reader to a source saying the opposite? I in no way say that Einstein ‘referred continuously’ to the Secret Doctrine or any other of HPB’s writings. But I guess one can’t be ironic or write with tongue in cheek about these matters. There are too many experts on both sides waiting to pounce on the slightest inaccuracy. On a more positive note, I gave a talk on Modernity and the Occult at the Hilma Af Klint exhibition at the Moderna Museet in Stockholm this weekend - 24-25 May. The symposium I participated in was a great success and the exhibition itself was inspiring. No mention of Einstein I’m afraid...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments to this blog are subject to moderation, and may appear at our sole discretion, if found to add relevance to the site's topics.